Premium Raw Organic Cacao Powder 250g
Theobroma Cacao, roughly translated means, food of the gods or more literally "God food". Arriba Nacional is the best variety of Cacao and was grown and consumed by the native people of Central America and southern Mexico, notably the Olmecs, Maya and Aztec civilisations. Cacao was so highly valued that its seeds or beans were used as currency. Cacao was discovered by Columbus in the early 16th century, although it was the Spanish who realised its economic value and brought the Cocoa bean to Europe.
Arriba Nacional is the very best variety and offers a high nutrient value. It differs from more traditional chocolate because it is 100% raw and natural.
Cacao is rich in the vitamins
Cacao is rich in the minerals
Chocolate is renowned for sparking a sense of euphoria. Arriba Nacional will have this effect by increasing the levels of specific neurotransmitters in our brains to help promote, positive outlook, facilitate rejuvenation and simply help us feel good.
- Serotin:Cacao raises the level of serotonin in the brain, thus acting as an anti depressant, helps reduce PMS symptoms and promotes a sense of well being.
- Endorphins: Cacao stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the Òrunners highÓ a jogger will feel after running.
- Phenylethylamine : Found in Cacao, phenylethylamine is also created within the brain and released when we are in love. Acts as a mild mood elevator and anti depressant and helps increase focus and alertness.
- Anandamine: Known as the bliss chemical because it is released by the brain when we are feeling great. Cacao contains both N-acylethandamines believed to temporarily increase the levels of anandamine in the brain and enzyme inhibitors that slow its breakdown. Promotes relaxation and helps us feel good for longer.
Revolution foods Cacao is Organic and certified by Organic Farmers and Growers. We provide Raw Arriba Nacional powder that is the finest variety on the planet.
- No.1 source of natural magnesium on the planet
- One of the richest known natural sources of anti-oxidants
- Balances brain chemistry and aids the building of strong bones
- Provides a sense of euphoria 'feel good superfood'
- Contains fibre & essential fatty acids (including omega-6)
Add to hot drinks, smoothies, food, protein shakes.
Great to use for raw desserts.