Revolution foods probiotic formula provides a natural, non dairy source of friendly probiotic bacteria. Each capsule provides a minimum of three billion bacteria cultures per serving, from 5 different strains with added prebiotics to enhance the efficiency of the probiotic strains.
Vast bodies of research have been conducted to support live probiotic microorganisms as being beneficial for health.
The human gut is a complex ecosystem occupied by a diverse microbial community. Modulation of this microbiota impacts health and disease. Dysbiosis, an aberrant state of imbalance of the gut microbiota, has been associated with a diversity of diseases and syndromes such as inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, colorectal cancer, atopy, anxiety, depression, type II diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
The gut microbiota plays an important role in metabolism, immune function, protection of the host from pathogens and bidirectional communication between the GI tract and the central nervous system.
Probiotic bacteria are able to suppress the growth of pathogens by
- Producing antimicrobial factors
- Stimulating the host cells to produce their own antimicrobial factors
- Lowering the intestinal PH via release of short chain fatty acids from epithelial cells
- Interfering with the cell to cell signaling molecules that allow bacteria to communicate
Revolution foods blend of probiotic's consists of:
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Lactobacillius acidophilus
- Lactobacillius bulgaricus
- Lactobacillius helveticus
- Streptococcus thermophillus
- Fructooligosaccharide (FOS)