The ancient Baobab tree, native to Africa, has been named the tree of life because there are many traditional uses for every part of it from the leaves to the roots.
The Baobab tree belongs to its own botanical family the bombacaceae and is extremely long lived. It is common for trees to live over a 1000 years with some believed to be as old as 3000 years old.
The fruit pulp powder of Baobab fruit provides soluble and insoluble fibres. The insoluble fibres not absorbed by the intestines are useful for relieving constipation. Soluble dietary fibres are known to have prebiotic effects that stimulate the growth/ or metabolic activity of beneficial organisms. Consuming Baobab as a regular part of the diet will provide adequate levels of Antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids.
The fruit pulp powder is most commonly known for its high content of vitamin C. 100 grams of pulp contains up to 400mg of vitamin C.
Baobab is also rich in vitamins
Baobab is rich in the minerals
Revolution foods Baobab is wild crafted and premium quality sourced from Ghana, Africa. The fruit comes out of the shell as a powder with no grinding, heat treating or processing necessary.
- Known as the 'Tree of life' for its unmatched nutritional profile
- A great tasting natural source of energy
- Impressive array of vitamins & minerals including calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron phosphorus, zinc and vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and B6.
- A powerhouse anti-oxidant rich superfood
- Provides anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
Add 1-2 teaspoons to fruit juices,smoothies,protein shakes daily